Sunday, August 9, 2009

Welcome Baby Kaian. Prounounced "ky-en"

Kaian Naleieha Loebl, born 10:58am Sunday August 9,2009.  Weighed 7lbs 11oz and 20 1/2 inches long.  Mom is currently recovering in post pardum and Kaian will shortly be joining.  My hat is offically off to any mother.  Melissa had a very long and painful labor as she was dialated all the way to the 8-9cm mark to only have to resort to a cesarian.  Melissa's goal during this pregnancy was to work as hard as possible no matter how long, to have a vaginal birth.  However, due to slight complications it ended after almost 40 hours as doctors favored for the cesarian.  Being next to Melissa's side during the C-section was a hardest thing I've ever had to do, seeing her going through so much pain.  Melissa was a trooper and her reward for all the hard work over the last two days is a beautiful newborn boy.  Melissa's recovery will follow this post.  Thank you to all friends and family for all the support over the last 9 months!!!!!  

20 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys! I've been looking at your posts all day hoping for good news. Thank goodness he is healthy and Melissa is doing well, what a long and trying couple of days, but you guys did awesome!!!! Such a beautiful name too! Can't wait to see pics!
    Love Brian and Sarah Fortier

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! for Baby Kaian!! Tell Melissa when she's up for it a catepillar and crunch roll will be on there way!!

    Love you both (sorry ALL THREE of you) lots

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! So happy to hear everything turned out well. Looking forward to pictures. :)

    Staci P.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations you guys that is so exciting. So sorry to hear about the long labor but it is great to know that everything turned out well with a healthy baby boy!! Congratulations our thoughts and prayers or with you guys for a speedy recovery for Melissa!!

    Andy, Stacie, Jackson, and Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that he's finally arrived! Take some time and rest up. I saw the picture, and he's absolutely perfect. You are both going to be amazing parents. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Melissa, Cory & Kaian!! We're very happy for you all! Take care you three, and Melissa, wishing you some rest and a very speedy recovery - good job!
    With love, Deb & Rick G.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go you guys!!! I know it was hard, but you made it through with a healthy baby boy!!! Enjoy every bit of it!!!

    Love
    Debbie, Aaron and Lyssa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congradulations Melissa and Cory. I am glad to here you guys had a healthy little boy! Way to go Melissa! I cant wait to see pictures of Kaian! Congradulations!

    With love,
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!! Can't wait to meet Kaian and give you all hugs! :)Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  10. So excited for the addition to the Loebl family! We are glad everything went well at the end. Use those nurses help now and get some rest! Love to you all and miss you.
    Matt, Anna, Michael,& Ava Gray

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!!!!! We love babies. Sorry your labor was so long but what a great prize at the end! We are all so excited for you both. We love you all!!
    :) Annette, Jeff, Stephen,Dan,Maddie and Carly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow my daughter is a very amazing lady. All thou she was so disappionted in having to go the C-section way she just gave us all a very beautiful and healty baby boy named Kaian. This new baby has the two most awesome parents and what a JOY it will be to be apart of Kaian life.
    I was so bless to be a part of this wonderful experience and very special day

    Grandpa Gale

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Mama! You are one heck of a trooper. I had tears when I was reading your blog. I just wish it could have been easier for you guys. Just know that you have lots of love and support up here in Portland. Love you guys and cant wait to meet Kaian. I bet he is precious :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurray - Tim and I were a little worried when the last blog at 8:45am yesterday wasn't updated after 40 plus hours of labor. That was one long LABOR PAIN even for us!! We checked the blog frequently, but saw no updates until later in the evening. Hey, who says motherhood is easy. Love to all, Karen & Tim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love you two and now three!! Congrats.. Happy to hear mom and baby are doing well! Cant wait to meet the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. congrats you guys, we are sooo happy for you two, wow melissa, you are one strong woman!! 40hrs is a long time!!! I am so glad that he is here!!! cant wait to see pictures.
    Aaron and Erin

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cory and Melissa,
    Congratulations on your little miracle! We can't wait to meet Kaian!
    RoseEllen, David, and Max Shea

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow melissa, 40 hours and a C-section!! You did it mama. I know natural was your goal, but all ways are the most highs ways!! Sorry I couldnt help more, wished I had gotten to work with you earlier, but it is all good, because Kaian is healthy, whole and here!! I am so happy for you and no matter what, its a beautiful day!!People say that im tough for having 3 natural and at home, but 40 hours of painful labor, girl you are my hero!! I myself dont think I could make it through that long a labor!! Your tough!! wow, im still blown away!! I can't wait to see his beautiful face! Adisa is gona need a playmate at the Palms Oasis, while his brothers are in school!! Good Job Cory for being by her side and keeping her focused!! Congradulations to the Lobel family!! See yall soon!! Peace and Love!! RoZ, Rufus, Serigne, Rahja and Baby Adisa Zafir Nosakhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so wonderful, Melissa! Congratulations to you both! And congratulatiosn to Kaian. Josie =)

    ReplyDelete